DAISUKE UEMURA >>
Professor, Department of Biosciences and Informatics,
Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University
He completed his B.Sci. in 1968 and M.Sci. in 1970. In 1975, he
earned his Ph.D. under the supervision of Professor Yoshimasa Hirata at
Nagoya University. His academic career started at Nagoya University as
an Assistant Professor in 1973. In 1979, he moved to Shizuoka
University, and was promoted to a full professor in 1990. He
carried out postdoctal research as a visiting scholar at Harvard
University under the guidance of Professor Yoshito Kishi in 1982.
In 1997, he moved back to Nagoya University as a full professor. In
2008, he became an emeritus professor of Nagoya University and moved
into Department of Biosciences and Informatics, Faculty of Science and
Technology, Keio University as a professor.
He is a member of the editorial board of Royal Society of Chemistry
(U.K.) journal Natural Product Reports, Beilstein Journal of Organic
Chemistry and The Chemical Record.
He received “Chemical Society of Japan Award for Young Chemist" (1997).
And in 2005, he was awarded "The Chemical Society of Japan (CSJ) Award"
for his research in the area of bioorganic chemistry of marine natural
products. He was also awarded The Chunichi Cultural Prize (2007), The Naito Award (2009) and Medal with Purple Ribbon from Japanese Government in 2009.
His research interests are focused on the discovery of extremely bioactive natural products with splendid architectures.
- Recent aspects of chemical ecology: Natural toxins, coral communities, and symbiotic relationships
D. Uemura, M. Kita, H. Arimoto, M. Kitamura, Pure Appl. Chem., 81, 1093-1111 (2009)
- (-)-Complanine, an Inflammatory Substance of Marine Fireworm: a Synthetic Study
K. Nakamura, Y. Tachikawa, D. Uemura, Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 5, No. 12, (2009)
- Whole Structure–Activity Relationships of the Fat-Accumulation Inhibitor (–)-ternatin: Recognition of the Importance of Each Amino Acid Residue
K. Shimokawa, Y. Iwase, R. Miwa, K. Yamada, D. Uemura, J. Med. Chem., 51, 5912-5914 (2008)
- Asymmetric Total Synthesis of Pinnaic Acid
S. Xu, H. Arimoto, D. Uemura, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 46, 5746-5749 (2007)
- Symbiodinolide, a novel polyol macrolide that activates N-type Ca2+ channel, from the symbiotic marine dinoflagellate Symbiodinium sp.
M. Kita, N. Ohishi, K. Konishi, M. Kondo, T. Koyama, M. Kitamura, K. Yamada, D. Uemura, Tetrahedron 63, 6241-6251. (2007)
- Bioorganic Studies on Marine Natural Products. - Diverse Chemical Structures and Bioactivities -.
D. Uemura, Chem. Rec. 6, 235-248 (2006)
- Stereochemistry of Pteriatoxins A, B, and C.
J. Hao, F. Matsuura, Y. Kishi, M. Kita, D. Uemura, N. Asai, and T. Iwashita, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 128, 7742-7743 (2006).
- Blarina Toxin, A Mammalian Lethal Venom from the Short-tailed Shrew Blarina brevicauda: Isolation and Characterization.
M. Kita, Y. Nakamura, Y. Okumura, S. D. Ohdachi, Y. Oba, M. Yoshikuni, H. Kido, and D. Uemura, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 101, 7542-7547 (2004)
- Symbioimine Exhibiting Inhibitory Effect of Osteoclast Differentiation, from the Symbiotic Marine Dinoflagellate Symbiodinium sp.
M. Kita, M. Kondo, T. Koyama, K. Yamada, T. Matsumoto, K. -H. Lee, J. -T. Woo, and D. Uemura, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 126, 4794-4795 (2004)
- Enantioselective Synthesis of the Spirotetracyclic Carbon Core of Mangicols using a Stereoselective Transannular Diels-Alder Strategy
K. Araki, K. Saito, H. Arimoto, and D. Uemura, Angew. Chem. Int. Engl., 43, 81-84 (2004)